The Chamber of Somali Writers, as part of its developmental agenda, invites submissions from all Somalis across the world for its 2020 Essay Writing Competitions.
The theme of this edition is “Behavioral Role of Somali Youth Pre and Post Election”. We intend to draw a representative sketch of what Somali youth can contribute to nation building before and after elections; since they make up a great percentage of the Somali population. We believe, these voices, if penned down, can stimulate a nation wide awareness of how best Somali youth can render valuable contributions for socio-economic transformation.
The submissions are expected to be in line with the following guidelines:
- The essay should be in line with the theme of the edition.
- The essay should be minimum of 500 words and not exceeding 800 words.
- The entrant should send his or her work in MS Word format.
- English and Somali languages can both be used.
- The entrant should send a short Bio about himself and his affiliations with the essay.
- Submissions should made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The essay must be the original work of the entrant
- The participation is open for all Somalis across the world.
- Deadline for submissions is 19th December, 2020
Note: There will be a prize for the best submission with his/her work published in CSW platforms.